Top popular tourist destinations in Cuba 2016 just released!
According to latest TripAdvisor posts, the average hotel room in Cuba has raised to £80. Havana and Varadero are the most popular destinations in the Caribbean island and the best hotels in Cuba remain under Spanish management hotel brands as Melia Hotels and Iberostar.
TripAdvisor is an American travel website company and the largest travel site in the world (reaching 350 million monthly visitors, 320 million reviews and opinions covering 6.2 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions). The site, operating in 47 countries, is nowadays the first worldwide consulting reference site. According latest statistics 1 of 2 tourist searches in TripAdvisor lists before going to a holiday trip and make their choices based on the reviews and comments shown in the site.
On the 23rd of February, the travel website published the top destination and hotels in Cuba in 2016. This list will certainly influence more than a few choices of those searching for recommendations.
Top Five Most Popular Destinations in Cuba in 2016
1. Varadero: located in the western Cuban province of Matanzas, is the beach zone by excellence in the country, despite strong competition from islets in the Jardines del Rey tourist region. Over 24 kilometres of excellent beaches, closely linked to other natural attractions such as caves, virgin keys and transparent waters, are complemented by a strong infrastructure that can satisfy the needs of the most demanding vacationers.
2. Havana: the heart and Cuba’s capital city that appears to be suspended in time, where old world glamour meets Spanish colonial-era reconstruction. Is the perfect mixed between vintage American cars and the new era of refined bars, hidden artistics spots and young people tryinig to improve the mystic city.Visitors can catch a glimpse into the area’s history in the rich architecture of Old Havana, home of top places as the beautiful Roman Catholic cathedral in the Plaza de la Catedral and the authentic open-air restaurants and shops of the Plaza Vieja. Then you have Vedado town, the most chic and artistic zone of Havana where painters, musicians and recently top Cuban chefs has found their places to invigorate the city, all this just next to the Malecon, the famous Havana’s seaside promenade.
3. Cayo Santa Maria: The small island off the northern coast of central Cuba in Jardines del Rey archipielago, offers many resorts along the expansive and picturesque coastline. It brings the opportunity to get in touch with Cuban history and tradition; if you are one of tose with a sweet tooth then you will enjoy the Museo de Agroindustria Azucarera in Remedios town, which explains the history of local sugar production. Also The Mausoleo del Che Guevara in Santa Clara (an hour and half by bus) also draws large crowds looking to visit the final resting place of the well-known international figure of the Cuban Revolution.
4. Cayo Coco: Just like Cayo Santa Maria, is an island off the north-central coast and boasts superfine white sand and shallow, clear water. Those staying in Cayo Coco can take a daytrip to Sancti Spiritus, which is home to a variety of historic landmarks, museums and parks; plus you can go and visit Trinidad town, a hidden gem of Cuba’s geography.
5. Holguin: The city of Holguin, also known as the “City of Parks,” is Cuba’s fourth largest city. Set among mountainous territory in the eastern part of the island, the scenic city offers the perfect combination of cultural attractions and comfortable resorts. The city's elegant plazas, colonial buildings and museums offer an authentic look back into Cuba’s history. Regular visitors to the area recommend booking a guided tour or hiring a car to fully experience the city and its culture.
These are the top five destinations in the island according TripAdvisor. If I could make my own list, probably Havana city would be the first place to go. It’s the heart of the country, where you’ll discover the real Cuba: the good and no so good things, but also the joy and happiness of Cuban people, the exquisite food which is been prepared these days in top private restaurant, Latin music in every corner and young talented people bringing their best; but without hesitation I would recommend all these five destinations.
All of them can be visited as part of a tailor made program, and that’s exactly what we love to do in our company San Cristobal UK! Visit us in www.scuktravel.com or contact us via email email@example.com